14 May 2010

everything is greener elsewhere


I'm blogging on my trip to Europe in seperate posts because hundreds of photos in a post would mean sluggish loading time. Not forgetting early athritis for my knuckles from the typing. Anyway these photos were taken on my second day in Europe right outside of my hotel in Amsterdam while on my way to the police station. Fresh produce from somewhere that is a 30 minutes drive away. Fresh indeed. The shopowner is an Indian man so his whole store was stocked with Asian spices. That made my day. Not that I actually cook but the smell was familiar therefore very welcoming. One thing bothered me though, they didn't know what cinnamon was. That puzzled me. Even after translation into Dutch, the man and his daughter still didn't have a clue. Weird. Especially since every restaurant I went to served tea with cinnamon biscuits. Everything is so pretty in Holland. We managed to drive out of Amsterdam and visit the place where importers come and trade flowers. Apparently they are one of the leading exporters of the blooms. So many flowers, I was dizzy. In a good way. That for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment